SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and thanks for the add. This is my 3rd volvo and I do love them, some are better than others. My current stable includes a 96 850 and the newest addition a 99 s70. I am having a problem with the key not opening the drivers door. I removed the 2 t30 screws and the rubber plug and reseated the rod in the 'hole' , and now the key only moves about 45degrees instead of the full 90 that it moved before. Is the door actuator bad?
Thanks
thewhitegorilla

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Are you sure the rod is *fully* seated in the hole and not next to it? It's tricky to see, video for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OnR8k833_8

If it is indeed in the hole and won't turn fully, yeah something could be broken/gummed up in the actuator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will look again, it is difficult to see, it looks like it enters and then sinks in there. I see a new one on Amazon for about $150 is that a good price?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I never buy any parts like that new, I just grab one from the local pull-a-part junkyard for cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want to let everyone know sweedish auto parts on amazon is not cheaper source for this part, they charge even more than the steeler!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts