SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lived with leaking oil for a year or more and I am tired of it. I do not want to pay the $600 my mechanic quoted to change the o-rings and the fiber gaskets on the turbo oil return lines. After having the PCV system serviced and still having the oil leak, I attempted to do this myself and got frustrated and gave up. I looked on line at several forums and some people have done it with success, but I suspect that it was not on a '99. Does anyone know if the routing of the return lines changed between '99 and later models? It seems like what is posted does apply to the '99. It is entirely possible that I did something wrong, but I thought I would reach out to the community.

When I last tried, I was able to remove the two torx bolts on the flange side of the line and also detached the oil supply line to the turbo. Even doing so, it seemed impossible to still remove the return line because the line seems captured by surrounding parts and lines.

Is it possible to remove the oil pan and "persuade" the new o-ring on to the return lines from below? I have never removed the oil pan so I do not even know if you can see where the return lines enter into the sump.

If there is anyone out there who has done this on a '99, please let me know how you did it.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts