SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, maybe not life, but it did save me from any serious injury. You see, today after leaving school, I was on my way to a body shop to get estimates on my door where someone hit me while I was parked. As I was going down the right turn lane to turn on the highway, passing a long line of stopped cars as I went, a gap opened up and guess what emerged. A big red and white ambulance. Then guess what happened. I slammed into the side of it. Yup, that's right. I hit an ambulance. It wasn't a government ambulance on a call though. It was owned by a private company and was going to pick up some old lady. Well, the entire front portion of my car is crushed, the spare tire in the trunk came loose and pushed down the back seats so it was right behind me, and all in all the car is totaled. A few things to note, however: This crash happened between 25-30 MPH when I hit the ambulance, the air bags never deployed, and I have no injury whatsoever. Nope. Not a scratch or a bump. Someone in the passenger seat complained of back injuries, but X-Rays revealed nothing major. The ticket I got was your standard "Speed in excess of that which is reasonable," even though they have no evidence proving that, it's just kind of something they have to give you. The other driver got a "Failing to yield the right of way," and I believe the courts will find him to be at fault. Well, that's my Volvo story for the day. You can bet that my next car will be a Volvo. Note to Volvo Cars of North America, LLC and anybody else: Feel free to use this story, just not my name. :)

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
WOW that blows. Sorry to hear about your car, but glad to hear there were no injuries. Usually airbags deploy at a certain level of force (measured in Gs). You probably didn't reach that level.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
AJ,

Send that letter to Volvo ([email protected]), and you can get into the 'Volvo Saved My Life Club'. It is the real deal.

Sorry about your car, I know how you feel. My father is in that 'Club' twice over, with an 86' 740 and 94' 960.

-Drew

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Welcome to the club.

My mom's C70 really did save me, and my friend. Niether of us were hurt.
The ticket I got was for 60 in a 35.
Ran over 3 crubs, a tree and then hit a pole.

http://www.sonic.net/~db/crash/crash.html

·
Registered
314 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Kaizai:
Welcome to the club.

My mom's C70 really did save me, and my friend. Niether of us were hurt.
The ticket I got was for 60 in a 35.
Ran over 3 crubs, a tree and then hit a pole.

http://www.sonic.net/~db/crash/crash.html

Nice job destroying mom's car! Judging from the photos, I'd say that wreckless driving was the cause.

Hint: when you are approaching a corner, the best thing to do is turn toward the direction of the curve, not slam on the brakes. Hehe. Just a little helpful advice.

-he who stacks pork

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a lot of plans for that car, too. I already had a 10 disc CD Changer and a head unit that read Minidiscs, Sony xplods in all the doors, and Pioneers in the rear deck. I was planning on buying a 4 channel amp and two 12" Sub woofers of some type. Then, I was attempting to find a body kit (similar to this one: http://lokasdesign.netfirms.com/s70_kit.jpg) and I was going to paint it that silver color aswell. Then a few engine upgrades, etc. I guess that won't be happening now. I hope to get a certified used S70 in that silver color to play around with. The insurance guy was supposed to look at it Tuesday, but didn't, so he'll look at it tomorrow, declare it totaled either tomorrow or saturday and then I'll get a "new" car some time next week. I must remember to thank the other guys insurance company for the ~$15,000 I'll be getting for my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts