SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performed full PCV service, replaced all required parts, cleaned all ports, etc etc. Dipstick tube still blows out oil. I believe the car had a generic overboost code showing some time back, would that have anything to do with it? Thanks.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE. As I was test driving the car moments after posting this, a few wot runs revealed to me what seems to be a bad overboost problem and the CEL came on with a p0234 code, no less. Should I adjust the wastegate and go from there?

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
You can adjust your wastegate, and test to see if it holds pressure. Then check the hose from the TCV for leaks, that'll cause that too. Last, if your TCV is bad and not opening or opening slowly it will overboost.

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,417 Posts
Does '99 have the new style dipstick with two O-rings? I had to upgrade my '98's setup because of a single-O-ring dipstick blowout problem under high boost levels.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a new I ring in the dipstick tube. The o-ring on the dipstick is just a single setup. But it is overboosting and is not set up for It. It's a 2.4 with a 13G. I'm going to play with the wastegate and check some solenoids and inspect the diaphragm in the actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts