SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the lock actuator on the passenger door of my '98 XC70. Now when you lock the doors, they all stay locked for about a second then all unlock. If I unhook the new actuator, all of the other doors lock just fine. What gives?

I installed the new one just like the old one. I had it working correctly when it wasn't all put back together but the latch for the door was in the wrong position and would not let the door close. When I got the latch back where it should be, the problem arose again.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I haven't replaced the actuator yet though. If I lock the car, the pin goes down but the door doesn't lock. Now here's the weird bit- IF I unlock ALL doors with the fob, then everything unlocks normally. If I unlock just the drivers door with the fob and unlock the rest with the rocker switch, the acc chime rings. if I try to then LOCK the doors, they pop back up a second later. I have to put the key in the ignition, turn to ACC, turn back, then lock with the fob and all is well. WTF?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Is that the behavior of the lock when the door is open? If so there may be a problem with the microswitch on the new actuator, or the wiring. Does the interior light stay on too long when the door is shut?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that the behavior of the lock when the door is open? If so there may be a problem with the microswitch on the new actuator, or the wiring. Does the interior light stay on too long when the door is shut?
Actually with the new lock actuator, all doors will lock if the doors are closed. If they are open, they will unlock themselves after a second. I'm just gonna live with it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I thought that's how it's supposed to work, so you don't lock your keys in the car.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that's how it's supposed to work, so you don't lock your keys in the car.
Maybe it is? If so then everything is fine. Yay! Now I just need to find a replacement door in olive green...

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts