SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 98 V70R and picked up some XC roof rails and cross bars last week.
I am about half way through and I have already run into a couple issues.

1. The seller didn't include the XC rubber trim that goes from the hood along the window up to the rack... So I am giving though to cutting my regular V70 roof trim.. seems like it should work- Is this something a lot of people have already done that works well or should I wait to see if the seller will send me the XC trim? There is now also a 3 inch gap from the end of the rack to the rear trunk door do XC models have a small trim piece for this space as well?

2. Where the 2nd middle screw attaches the rack to the roof there is a blue piece of plastic holding the rubber trim to the rack that seems to be getting in the way.. the lower rubber trim won't snap into place and in turn is preventing the rack from laying flush with the roof... Anyone have advice with this?

Thanks guys!

Brian

·
Registered
06 Vr 6sp, 98 T5V 5sp
580 Posts
Yes, you can cut your original roof trim to fit the roof racks. Just be sure to either measure accurately or cut it long and trim as nessisary so you don't ruin your original roof trim.

And those blue clips, remove them. You don't need them as the roof racks hold the trim in place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts