SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My v70r just lost its AC im not sure how to check to see what the problem is either the condesor or evap. How do i tell and where would there be a diagram on the AC system? Also does anyone know where u can find a complete vac line diagram? My car seems to be running a little sluggish! Any help would be great thank u!!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Could be one of many things. I'd suggest getting a gauge from Walmart to hook up to your service port first, that will determine if there is enough refrigerant present to allow the system to engage.

Should be anywhere from 80-120psi with the system and vehicle off. (static pressure)

If pressure is low, then start looking for leaks.

Also, your compressor clutch gap may be too wide to engage. Turn the system on then use a broomstick to hit the clutch towards the compressor. If it engages and your ac works as normal, the clutch merely needs to be shimmed using the "bread clip fix" to restore your ac. Do a search on that, it should turn up a few tutorials.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if the compressor doesnt turn on after doing these steps what is the problem i take it my compressor is bad?

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
NO
If it's out of freon the compessor won't run
Fill it up, put some dye in the system and see how long it runs for.
Usually it's the evaporator, they all go bad at some point, but without your posted mileage it's hard to say exactly what's wrong

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the odometer says 217,430 but i have service records saying that they rebuilt the engine an turbo at 155,457 miles which was a $5,000 bill. I'll have to get it charged tomorrow hope it works out well

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i went to charge it an it was already full i could not put any more i was told about a relay anyone know about that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts