SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this car for 6 weeks and I still haven't figures out the tailgate locking mechanism. The manual mentions that if you turn the key a certain way, it disengages the tailgate lock from the central locking system (why you would want to do this is beyond me). The solution, says the manual, is to turn the key clockwise, then counter clockwise and "withdraw the key in a vertical position". Trouble is, one cannot pull the key out in the vertical position, only horizontally. This did happen a few times, but we always managed to fiddle with it enough to get it unlocked.<p>The tailgate disengaged while camping this week and we've spent hours trying to get the bugger open. We've tried:<p>Turning the key completely around <br>locking and unlocking with the key and through the driver's automatic locks<br>Opening it from the inside<br>Called the main Volvo #, plus a local service (both said they've never heard of this problem)<p>Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Is my car retarded or is it the owners?<p>Thanks.<p>Mara

1 - 1 of 1 Posts