SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up recently as a project to eventually turn into a DD, but I've decided to keep the BMW and just fix my Yellow.

'98 V70 T5M - Nautic Blue on Tan leather with wood trim

HIGH miles (270K), car was owned by a 50+ year old man since '01. Clean title in hand.

Car over heated a few months back and currently needs a headgasket.

Will try to have some pics up within the next day or 2.

Call/text (860)978-1157

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out the seller wasn't too mechanically inclined, tinkered with it for all of 20 minutes and had her running great.

No smoking, no overheating, no leaks if any kind, etc. she pulls VERY healthy too!

I'll still consider selling it, but price is obviously going up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the seller wasn't too mechanically inclined, tinkered with it for all of 20 minutes and had her running great.

No smoking, no overheating, no leaks if any kind, etc. she pulls VERY healthy too!

I'll still consider selling it, but price is obviously going up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Car now runs beautiful. Done some maintenance items and car is up to par. Would be a perfect daily driver or project.

·
Registered
305 Posts
exactly my point this is the classifieds, i like many other enthusiasts have been looking for s70 or 70v t5m's for project cars for some time. It great you found one and fixed it good for you, maybe you good have tinkered with it a bit before you listed here. Now either keep it, and we all respect that, or sell it. this is not a look at me section, it used to be monitored but i guess not anymore.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Enthusiasts bro.. your calling out the wrong guy. Billy has a driveway of t5rs, t5ms and R's. I am with him much of the time, and sometimes its worth a few mins to fix a car to raise the value. So as for your **** attitude, sorry you missed a project and he grabbed it before you. Best of luck with the sale Billy.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
exactly my point this is the classifieds, i like many other enthusiasts have been looking for s70 or 70v t5m's for project cars for some time. It great you found one and fixed it good for you, maybe you good have tinkered with it a bit before you listed here. Now either keep it, and we all respect that, or sell it. this is not a look at me section, it used to be monitored but i guess not anymore.
I never made this to be a look at me thread.... I bought the car broken with the intentions of selling it as a project car to someone on here. The PO told me he had the car diagnosed at the dealership and they told him he needed a new factory engine at an estimated repair cost of $6K+, the reason he wanted to unload the car. Was I expecting the car to be fixed so easily? No. Just to make you happy, I will sell it in its current running state, $3K. Here's your chance at a project car buddy!

Enthusiasts bro.. your calling out the wrong guy. Billy has a driveway of t5rs, t5ms and R's. I am with him much of the time, and sometimes its worth a few mins to fix a car to raise the value. So as for your **** attitude, sorry you missed a project and he grabbed it before you. Best of luck with the sale Billy.
Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm definitely interested. I think you have my email from a PM.

What ended up being the problem with it?
a 98 V70 T5M is sort of exactly what I'm looking for (the only thing it's missing is being red).

Do you think it needs anything else? obviously, the mileage is pretty up there.

I've seen your posts and classifieds ads and they all seem to be stellar picks and I'd love to do business with you. I got a buyer coming soon for my Buick.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm definitely interested. I think you have my email from a PM.

What ended up being the problem with it?
a 98 V70 T5M is sort of exactly what I'm looking for (the only thing it's missing is being red).

Do you think it needs anything else? obviously, the mileage is pretty up there.

I've seen your posts and classifieds ads and they all seem to be stellar picks and I'd love to do business with you. I got a buyer coming soon for my Buick.
I PM'd you yesterday, give me a call. (860)978-1157

1 - 15 of 15 Posts