SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searching, and I think I have a straight flange on the down pipe. Not sure. Is there a way to tell by the VIN, or visual inspection.

Wanting to do some upgrades with IPD down pipe; must choose angled or straight flange.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I found the answer, looking at parts on IPD USA

Not sure which turboback system fits your car?

Volvo used three different styles of turbocharger outlets in their models from 1994-2000. They were angle flange, straight flange, and conical flange. We do not currently offer conical flange outlet systems at this time however only a few models were equipped with the conical outlet. Fortunately all the turbo exhaust housings are interchangeable so if you do have a conical flange turbo you can change your turbo outlet housing to either a straight or angle flange and then use the correpsonding Ipd turboback system.

The following information should be used as a guide only as the parts your vehicle was initially equipped could have been changed out at some point. Our recommendation is to check your vehicle to be sure you select the right part as these components are large and can be costly to reship if the wrong part is selected. See our included video for on vehicle examples of straight and angle flanges for further clarification.

Conical outlet flange
(94-95 850 turbo, 95 850 T5-R)

Straight outlet flange
(96-97 850 R, T5 and GLT, 98 model S70 R, T5, And GLT)

Angled outlet flange
(All cars 99+)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Try opening the hood, removing the heat shield and having a look see.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Unless you know the history of the car, best way is still to use your eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts