SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so the thing in the middle of the drive line with the two bolts aiming downward in this picture

Just discovered that the rubber in that is ripped and my drive shaft has way more play than it should up and down at that mount. Is this called the carrier bearing? I found a thread from 09 about it and it said a whole new driveline or rebuild is needed?

With all do respect, I call bull****. That's a replaceable part....I just can't find the part anywhere! Is this something my local driveshaft place will have if I bring them in the drive line?

so, what say the powers that be?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
If you bring the driveshaft to a driveshaft shop, they should be able to fix it. Any other auto shop would just say replace the whole thing though.

You have some options to send the driveshaft out for a rebuild if your local shop can't/won't do it.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I know at least one DS shop in Tucson that has no problem replacing that bearing and rebalancing the driveshaft so I'm sure that any good DS-specific shop can do the work but I agree that no normal car repair shop would touch it.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No repair shop is going to touch that. The two halves don't pull apart.

The bearing/carrier is listed here:

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/drivetrain/center_bearing_supports.html#Volvo

I think you're better off calling ColoradoDriveshaft
I'll call Colorado Driveshaft if needed, but I'll check with my local driveline place first, they aren't a normal repair shop, they're a real driveline place, custom make axles, etc.

Thanks for the link.

Though $410 including shipping isn't bad at all with colorado driveshaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts