SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
2000 Volvo V70XC angle gear and/or differential rebuild

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone with a 98-00 Volvo V70XC has ever had their angle gear and/or their rear differential assembly rebuilt. If so, how much did it cost and were you happy with the result?

I've seen lots of posts about driveshaft rebuilds but not so much info about rebuilds on these pieces of the awd system.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've heard of angle gear failures, but as far as the rear end goes, nobody really bothers as it is extremely overbuilt for the application. From what I remember reading, the rear end is the same as from a 700 or 900 series and is also locking. Given that these AWD cars are only partial torque split, there would be very little stress on the rear diff. I was actually surprised that there aren't more (or any) RWD converted P80s..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've heard of angle gear failures, but as far as the rear end goes, nobody really bothers as it is extremely overbuilt for the application. From what I remember reading, the rear end is the same as from a 700 or 900 series and is also locking. Given that these AWD cars are only partial torque split, there would be very little stress on the rear diff. I was actually surprised that there aren't more (or any) RWD converted P80s..
Thanks, Jason!

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just joined and have to say that this thread has been highly informative! So thanks. Also wanted to add a few photos of the secondhand driveshaft that I found for sale here in Czech. Looks to have been professionally manufactured. The great thing about it is that it is fully rebuildable. It splits in two, uses universal joints instead of cv joints. I have only just fitted it.... But seems to work fine! Happy days! Let it snow!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts