SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just joined uo having bought a 97 BTCC S40.

Its currently in need of some love and a bit of a refresh, ive looked at the fantastic pictures in your site gallery and was just wondering anyone had any more on the 97 car?? They seem fairly sparse i have googled everything i can think of and still not found much!

Im particulally interested in anything under the bonnet, inside the car or under the arch....to be honest any pics are great as it helps me work out the scale for the new stickers and livery.

Anyways thanks in advance and what a great forum

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry I can't directly help out, but there are numerous sites out there devoted to the Super Touring era of competition, with a strong focus on the BTCC naturally. Good luck with it - any chance of pics to show off?

·
Banned
3,517 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hello

here's a nice video of a TWR BTCC car although not in the BTCC livery anymore.

I'd like to talk to you about your '97 car.

Is it listed on this register?

http://www.supertouringregister.com/register/

The car in the video has the intake and intake trumpets which look TWR-like. I wasnt aware that any TWR cars were sold with their engines though. The gearboxes were Xtrac.

I believe the STCC cars were ex-TWR ones but Im not sure if they received the TWR engines.

The sequential gear lever at 0:25secs in this video looks right.

Please private message me via this site as Ive got some other info for you which I cant post on a public forum.

I also have some pictures of the S40s but probably nothing that google images couldnt also provide.

however, I'd like to talk to you about your '97 car as I've got some extra info for you

kind regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts