SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George - In one of the other threads you had mentioned "figuring our the seat cable problem". I looked through the forum index and didn't see anything directly applicable. I've looked up some info on the Maintenance FAQ's but I'm curious what finally worked for you? I've pulled the seat, lubed up the cable (it really does have to go back in the same way it came out. At least it behaved as though the flattened end of the spring steel only wanted to fit one way) and it was OK for a few months. Now is just wants to turn me into the center console again. New cables needed??

Thanks

Chuck

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
George - In one of the other threads you had mentioned "figuring our the seat cable problem". I looked through the forum index and didn't see anything directly applicable. I've looked up some info on the Maintenance FAQ's but I'm curious what finally worked for you? I've pulled the seat, lubed up the cable (it really does have to go back in the same way it came out. At least it behaved as though the flattened end of the spring steel only wanted to fit one way) and it was OK for a few months. Now is just wants to turn me into the center console again. New cables needed??

Thanks

Chuck
When the seat pulls to one side it is usually a cable problem.

Now that you have 960 seat repair skills you probably will have this done in ten minutes.

http://www.atthetipwebs.com/technologyinstructions/volvo_960_power_seat_cable.htm

George Dill

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that is exactly the page I had looked at previously, and when he said you could pull the cable out of the lining I thought what the heck! I'm going to to just that, lube it all up and put it back. Once again laziness and failure to follow through completely will bite you in painfull places. Guess I'll do it the 'right' way this time and I'll let you all know how it works out.

Thanks

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts