SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a parasitic electrical draw for some time now so I decided I'd get out the ammeter and start pulling fuses to see what circut was causing the draw. I narrowed it down to fuse 14 controlling the alarm system. I downloaded the wiring diagram and I'm curious if anyone has experience with what may be the first places to look. There are 2 relays located in front of the shifter (probably accesed by removing the radio?) which are the first obvious choice to me. There are a lot of multi-pin connetors scattered throghout the circutry that I guess could have loose connections, but much less likely?

I'll hook up the ammeter and pull the two relays and see if I get a current drop. If anyone else has some suggestions I'm open. I'll let you know what I find out.
Thanks

Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
My leak seems to be in the window washer fluid sensor. I was curious why the previous owners have unplugged the sensor so I thought I'd plug it in to see. Over the next few days the battery had less and less juice to start the car and finally, just now, not enough to start anymore. I was going to unplug it before this just never got around to it ha, now I'm waiting on my jump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts