SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals

I have a question. Ive attached a pic of ny OBD2 connector on my 96 850R. Im ready to get a tuned but I question my Pins because my scan gauge only gives me voltage readout on display. This worries me if Im missing Pins.

The only pins I see on my Obd2 are; 1, 3,4,5,6, 7, 13 and 16.
Is this normal? I dont see any detached wires from the OBD2. thanks

Automotive tire Bumper Gas Wood Office equipment

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes that's all there is. The OBDII port isn't fully OBDII compliant, it's more like OBD 1.5 and when fitted to the 850 wasn't fully developed. It wasn't until the 1999 models that OBDII came into its own

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that's all there is. The OBDII port isn't fully OBDII compliant, it's more like OBD 1.5 and when fitted to the 850 wasn't fully developed. It wasn't until the 1999 models that OBDII came into its own
Wow...thank you. I learn something new every day. 2 part question now: I saw Robert DIY use a scan gauge and all of his selections gave him readouts...I'm wondering why.
Second question, do you think there will be an issue loading the software to ecu when getting it tune from Vast or is this something I should them?

·
Registered
308 Posts
The scan gauge Robert has is a genuine 'Volvo System Tester' which is specific to the cars from that era.

VOL FCR iLexa which is a computer based program will work only computer based so requires a laptop and cable in the car

The only other option is an old Android phone, the Google-Play 850 OBDII app and the correct Bluetooth dongle. Not all dongles will work and it's getting difficult to find one compatible with the 850.

Here is a link to a Bluetooth dongle that will work with the 850, the vendor is UK based so unsure if he ships to the States Click

I don't know how the tune is loaded, I would think the car's ECU is connected to a laptop and downloaded directly. Speak to Vast and they will confirm

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The scan gauge Robert has is a genuine 'Volvo System Tester' which is specific to the cars from that era.

VOL FCR iLexa which is a computer based program will work only computer based so requires a laptop and cable in the car

The only other option is an old Android phone, the Google-Play 850 OBDII app and the correct Bluetooth dongle. Not all dongles will work and it's getting difficult to find one compatible with the 850.

Here is a link to a Bluetooth dongle that will work with the 850, the vendor is UK based so unsure if he ships to the States Click

I don't know how the tune is loaded, I would think the car's ECU is connected to a laptop and downloaded directly. Speak to Vast and they will confirm
Thanks...what I am referring isnt a scan gauge but it is called a ScanGauge II. It monitors the car while driving from temp, voltage, mph, TPS, HP etc.
I will ask Vast and yes it will be hooked to a laptop for upload

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the OBDII app and I use this dongle - LINK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts