SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to BestBuy among other stores yesterday and they said it would cost upward of $200 just to rewire my car. Is this right? Any information would be helpful!<P>Thanks,<BR>DanC!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The rewiring of just adding a aftermarket head unit costs 200? Why don't you do it your self. I did and It was fairly easy. Just search the internet and find what the wiring connections coming out of your stock head unit are, and label and cut the wires out of the stock harness and solder/crimp the new head unit wires to the old wires. It doesn't take that long.<P>Pete

·
Registered
289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrmandmman:<BR><B>The rewiring of just adding a aftermarket head unit costs 200? Why don't you do it your self. I did and It was fairly easy. Just search the internet and find what the wiring connections coming out of your stock head unit are, and label and cut the wires out of the stock harness and solder/crimp the new head unit wires to the old wires. It doesn't take that long.<BR> <BR>Pete</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts