SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How reliable are the 95 850 T5 R's? What kind of mods can yoiu do to them? I am seriously looking at getting this year because I like the way the wheels look and that it only comes in two colors. I find it more original.

·
Registered
24 Posts
T5R is very reliable but make sure it has service history- car needs regular good quality oil. If you can afford it go for the later 850R as it has stronger connecting rods and a bigger turbo. Tuning limit on reasonable budget is 300hp for T5R and 330hp for 850R. Visit my website for all differences between models.<P>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey TFIVEUK, thanks for the help. Your website was very helpful. Do you know if the 95 wheels will fit on the 96 or 97 850 R?

·
Registered
353 Posts
The versions with the manual transmission had a LSD and were never imported to the states, that is what allows for slightly higher power load compensation by the engine, the internals have damn near equal strenght, so if you are wise enough to be cautious of the power ceiling on these cars, you can get near the edge with a good torque converter and oil cooler. Be sure to maintain your car well if you plan on chipping and other mods, it will only save you money in the long run.<P>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts