SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to ask this for a while...<p>I have two '94 960s. One is a wagon and one is a sedan. The 965 Wagon came with dual power front seats, moon roof, leather, third seat, and integrated booster seat -- pretty much what I expected. What was unexpected is how flat the car is in the corner. A little poking shows that the previous owner spent a fair amount of money at a Boston area dealer having suspension work done.<p>The 964 Sedan looks like the stripper version. It has cloth seats, no sunroof, and only the driver seat is powered. The radio is the cassette version, but the speakers are incredible. The car came out of the Washington, DC area.<p>So, my question, what trim levels of the 960 were offered in 1994 in the US market? Could my 964 be a European delivery model (possibly through expat sales)?<p>Thanks,<br>- John

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: '94 960 Trim Levels (jwernerny)

John;<p>Warm up your Adobe!<p><A HREF="http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/900brochures.shtml" TARGET="_blank">http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/900brochures.shtml</A><p>George Dill

·
Registered
683 Posts

I never heard of a 960 w/out leather or a sunroof. Interesting. I do believe the power passenger seat was always an option, not standard.<p>You do have a fundamental suspension difference between the wagon and sedan of that model year - the sedan has the Mk-I IRS, whereas the wagon has the good old live 'Larsson' axle. The live axle has many possible upgrades available for springs, sway bars and shocks, while the IRS has very little. <p>

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: '94 960 Trim Levels (11110000)

I did find a document on the VCNA website that gave the US delivery options. It was actually a press release about the new model year options. Cloth (or "plush") appears have been available. The interesting thing is that it implied that the only option regarding the sunroof was metal vs. glass (moonroof). It reads like all cars would come through with some user openable panel in the roof.<p>- John

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jwernerny</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, my question, what trim levels of the 960 were offered in 1994 in the US market? Could my 964 be a European delivery model (possibly through expat sales)?<p>Thanks,<br>- John</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes very much possible. My 91 744 is a Ex-NATO car Euro delivery in Scotland to USA spec. Built in Ghent Belguim. Or so i have found. many things are slightly off about it too. And some are EURO spec like while others are very much USA like. The dash and the speaker location and switchs and controls being some. They are more 940 like then 740 for 91. As well as the leather being different then a USA car and was on the build sheet OPTIONAL and ordered extra. I also have a different style more 940/960 drving lights setup. NOT the standard RECTANGLE hung below the bumper type. Mine are more aero like and tuck in up under the bumper and follow the lines of the spoiler in houseings like they are PART of it and were designed that way. Nor add on like most 740 look or up by the grille next to the headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts