SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I am new to this forum as i just bought a 94' 850 Turbo Wagon just yesturday. My problem is currently that i dont know the specs of my engine which i need so i can a adiquite turbo for this car. I only know what the machanic of the previuse owner has told me.<br> Hello... I am new to this forum as i just bought a 94' 850 Turbo Wagon just yesterday. My problem is currently that i don't know the specs of my engine which i need so i can a adequate turbo for this car. I only know what the mechanic of the previous owner has told me.<br> The mechanic replaced the engine to this car with a 98 engine from a R series 850 with 69K miles. After doing more research i found that these generation only went to 97'. So either this is from the next generation or its really a 97' engine. I have been searching the net for a good amount of time looking for any info on where the engine code is located with no luck. I have also looked for the code imprinted on the engine..still no luck.<br> The other issue is the current turbo and exhaust is fitted from the 94 engine (B5234T engine) which i have been told doesn't fit the R series turbos. So here are my questions....<br> <br> - Are there any engines in 98 that fit this car or is this really a 97' engine?<br> - Where would the engine code be imprinted?<br> - Should i go with a R series turbo or stick with what the car used to have in the B5234T engine?<br> - Rebuild it myself(i know how) or get it rebuilt or get a new turbo?<br> - Any other info i should know before i undertake this project?<p><br>Also - I know im new and havnt posted but this is my first Volvo so i will be working on more posts/help on the forum!!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 94 850T Wagon with a 98' 850 R engine? Looking for any engine/turbo help (binglax09)

Join and ask this on <A HREF="http://www.Volvospeed.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.Volvospeed.com</A>. Those guys have many modded 850's. <br>You should find some help there

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 94 850T Wagon with a 98' 850 R engine? Looking for any engine/turbo help (JRL)

Ok thanks... This is my first Volvo so im not up to date on all of the information on the net..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts