SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aquiring a 94 850 US model(no turbo, no glt)<BR>My question is what is its weight, HP&tourqe #'s and what should I look for in problems etc?<P>Mind you I am a BMW6 series guy use to approx 190-200 hp and tons of spirited driving. I know the 850 is onlt a 2.3ltr (?) 5 cyclnder car. I'm wondering if anyone has installed a supercharger like powerdyne etc and if so, what sort of numbers might I be looking at?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey, why buy the non turbo if you just want more power? The non turbo is a 2.4L and i dont think there would be any superchargers for it....since there is a turbo variant.<P>weight...heavy<BR>horsepower 168???? i dont know<P>Pete

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hes right... you really should opt for the turbo (unless its to late) Otherwise your stuck to handling upgrades and maybe NOS kit for decent power gains. <p>[This message has been edited by turboale (edited 03-11-2002).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
already have car, inhereted it so no cost but will use it as a daily commute car but I still want power of course. The 6 is fun as hell but I need a daily driver.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The non-turbo 850s are either 2 litre or 2.5 litre at that vintage, I hope you've got the 2.5, since the 2 litre is IMO rather underpowered.<P>2.4 LPTs are in the later 70 series shells<BR>- and to forestall any incorrect comments, ALL 850 and 70 series engines are 5 cylinders.<P>1994 specs. are probably more lavish for US cars - I'm sure yours will have air conditioning which wasn't that common in UK vehicles, especially 2 litre models.<P>Again, I hope you've got the GLT package that should give you part leather seats, alloys, trip computer and electric goodies.<P>Another good extra to go for (this is for anyone who's considering buying) is the headlamp wash/wipe; not available as an aftermarket kit, even from Volvo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this site last night check it out. <A HREF="http://www.superchips.com/import_e_volvo.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.superchips.com/import_e_volvo.html</A> <BR>caims to raise HP from 168 to 185.<BR>Good Luck,<BR>Aaron<P>PS:<BR>if you add the IPD exhuast you can be around the 200hp mark and back to what you are used to with the BMW<BR>Exhaust from IPD adds 10HP so ur back to your BMW speed right there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts