SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have typically run 91 octane, Costco gas. Today, I was able to fill up with Sunoco 93 (Costco was out of high test). What a difference as the RPMs rise. The car seems to pull so much harder than I have ever experienced. I can see why you all have stated the 93 is the way to go.

Bill

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: 93 octane, what a difference (MRBill_VA)

Try 94+!!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
966 Posts
Re: 93 octane, what a difference (MRBill_VA)

Quote, originally posted by MRBill_VA »
I have typically run 91 octane, Costco gas. Today, I was able to fill up with Sunoco 93 (Costco was out of high test). What a difference as the RPMs rise. The car seems to pull so much harder than I have ever experienced. I can see why you all have stated the 93 is the way to go.

Bill

Bill, you have access to 93 and don't buy it??????

Jim in Socal

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
It's like CRACK! one hit and you're hooked!

Cracktane. You know you want it... C'mon just a taste.

Hey where you goin' man?

You'll be back.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: 93 octane, what a difference (ForceReconTrojan)

Quote, originally posted by ForceReconTrojan »
All I use is 100 octane, its 5.50 but 91 is 3.60 so totally worth it. My local Unocal has my fix.

There really isn't a need to run the full tank on 100. I think peak performance is reached around 94-95 octane.
I remember R Kelly mentioning something like 94.4

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

I miss my cracktane fix. I only took one hit and damn if I did it every fillup it would burn a hole in my wallet (I have a 70 mile RT commute). Moderation , moderation, moderation....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Re: (carsonlake)

Quote, originally posted by carsonlake »
Force... where do you get your 100 octane? The only place near me that sells it wants $9 a gallon.
I don't know of a place near Lakewood, but I get 100 octane unleaded (VP Racing) for $5.79/gal at the Huntington Beach Car Wash on the corner of Beach Blvd and Garfield. That, as you know, is quite a bit closer than Irvine.

I mix 5-gal of the 100 with ~10 gal of 91 octane per tank to yield ~94 octane (which assumes the 3 gal of gas left in the tank is from a previous mix of 94 as well). I also bought two 5-gal gas cans to take some 100 octane home so that I don't have to run by the car wash to get a fix. This is especially important since I run the 100/91 mix exclusively (exept for one out of town trip in the last 8+ months).

The R isn't the R on 91 octane. If I have to go back to using nothing but 91, I'll sell the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts