SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kick down cable started sticking about a week ago to the point where it will come out and have a lot of slack and then it will not go back in (or recoil so to speak unless I feed it back in with my fingers.). What happens is that the accelerator gets stuck or really stiff and/or the transmission shifts erratically or not at all until I push the cable back in. I have tried adjusting the two nuts that the cable feeds through to change the cable's positioning. This has not helped. I have also searched for a previous thread on the forums that may address whether the cable can simply be lubricated or if it needs to be replaced altogether and what that would entail. I have not found anything that has really helped yet. Has anyone been through this and what would you advise?

Thank you,

Justin

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
My kick down cable started sticking about a week ago to the point where it will come out and have a lot of slack and then it will not go back in (or recoil so to speak unless I feed it back in with my fingers.). What happens is that the accelerator gets stuck or really stiff and/or the transmission shifts erratically or not at all until I push the cable back in. I have tried adjusting the two nuts that the cable feeds through to change the cable's positioning. This has not helped. I have also searched for a previous thread on the forums that may address whether the cable can simply be lubricated or if it needs to be replaced altogether and what that would entail. I have not found anything that has really helped yet. Has anyone been through this and what would you advise?

Thank you,

Justin
Should be some answers in this mess...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

George Dill

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Also try the link to K-Jet that I posted on your other thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just had this exact same problem. The cable had rusted and started sticking I had to replace the cable which means dropping the transmission pan. If that's you only car a temporary solution is to disconnect the cable at the top and use the gear selector inside to do your own shifting just be careful not to slide it into reverse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I ended up taking it to a friend of mine and I believe all it needed was a little lubrication. So far, so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts