SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom has a 93 850 GLT, but its going to be mine soon. I'm wondering what i should do to improve accelleration and speed and everything and how much what would cost. I was thinknig maybe a turbo and a new ECU, but i don't really know much about anything as far as that goes, so any help would be great.<P>

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
hate to bust ur bubble, but it's really hard to get more performance out of a n/a engine without spending lots of cash... most agree (on other forums) that it's easier and more economical to obtain a turbo than to bolt one on. kleeman (mb tuner) puts a supercharger on a clk320 for 9k

·
Registered
136 Posts
Absolutely right, do not, repeat not, attempt to turn a silk purse into a faster silk purse since you'll end up with a sow's ear - get the T5 if you want a turbocharged Volvo 850, or a T5-R if you want a really quick one.<P>However, the 2.5 GLT can be made to handle better without silly investment; get 17" rims (preferably proper Volvo ones), low profile tyres to fit, install a strut brace and stiffer/lower springs and better dampers.<P>Basically, if you put in what a UK-spec R has on the handling front, you'll have a car that is a delight to drive and doesn't use the ridiculous amounts of petrol that the R does.<P>It'll still go damn fast too - even with an automatic box.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So about halfway down this page <http://www.easternaerospace.com/automotive/engine/> <BR>there are 'performance uprade kits'...what about these? For less than a turbo and such I could get more performance, right?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Man, Eastern Aerospace has a pretty bad reputation just about everywhere. Divide their gains in half, then that might be realistic (non-sarcasticly)<P>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts