SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
2.25" exhaust<BR>performance camshaft<BR>electric fan conversion<P>Other modifications will be more expensive or will have less of a power gain, such as:<P>air filter<BR>exhaust header<BR>port/polish the cylinder head<BR>larger throttle body<BR>ignition (plugs/wires/coil)<BR>nitrous<BR>turbo conversion<P>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<B>2.25" exhaust<BR>performance camshaft<BR>electric fan conversion<BR>Other modifications will be more expensive or will have less of a power gain, such as:<P>air filter<BR>exhaust header<BR>port/polish the cylinder head<BR>larger throttle body<BR>ignition (plugs/wires/coil)<BR>nitrous<BR>turbo conversion<BR></B><P>i would consider exhaust to mean everything from the exhaust header/manifold to the tip of the tailpipe. don't play games with only new mufflers and tailpipes. port that head, get it flowing too. get that air in better and get it out better. keep that pump working. get a K&N to suck it up, nice big throttle body to take it in, ported intake mani to throw it down into that big ol' ported head and BOOM! meet mr. gas and mr. spark. =VROOM <P>a good place to start for newbie is to just take things out/off.remove anything you don't need/want =less weight =free horsepower/weight ratio=VROOM <P><BR>what is the condition of your tires? you wanna go faster, a good way is to have tires you trust. =VROOM<P>what are you doing about suspension needs? <P>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have all new tires. I'm not sure about everything else. What sort of stuff could I take out to increase the horespower? I know for sure that I wouldn't be able to do any mechanic stuff myself, is it best to find a a volvo certified mechanic or can any one who knows his way decently around cars do some of this stuff?<BR>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts