SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,<p>About a week ago, my 1994 855T developed 2 bad, and probably related, habits. On a couple of occasions, it's behaved as if the gas pedal was not connected to the throttle- you'd press the gas, and there would be no throttle response. After 3-5 seconds of unresponsiveness, it returns, and drives normally.<br>The 2nd behavior is stalling. It's been mostly at under 10 MPH- turning into a parking space, backing out of the driveway, or at slight throttle, when turning onto another street. I'll be making a normal, polite start, then suddenly it's stalled, with darn near all the dashboard lights lit up. It's always been under mild acceleration except once- driving up a hill at a steady 20-25MPH it cut out last night.<p>Naturally, it can't be reproduced at will. My longtime trusted mechanic and I have both looked for loose connections and have failed to find any. I finally bothered to reset the CEL over the weekend (a few days after the problem arose), and it hasn't pulled any fresh codes.<p>It's happened when the engine is both cold and warm, and from 30-60F, and in wet and dry weather, during turns and straight lines. Unfortunately, I've failed to find any conditions that make it more probable, but the frequency is increasing.<p>Has anyone come across a problem similar to this before?<p>Thanks,<br>Yuri.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 855T random stall problem (yuri1419)

In case it helps someone else searching the boards someday- it was the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: 855T random stall problem (yuri1419)

pretty common problem, which is likely the reason for no reply.....<p>Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts