SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck with strut tower braces and/or subframe braces to stiffen up their ride?
I just installed new springs/Shocks/struts and the ride is still a little.......loose, for lack of a better word. I found some decent priced stuff by Ultra racing on throwdown performance.com but would like some experienced advice.

Thanks in advance.

Shaun

'97 855 R
bilstien touring, eibach pro-kit

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
strut bar is worth the money, by far. Volvo sell one meant for the x70 Rs, decent price too. even looks nice, no carbonfibre, polished or nothing like that, just pure function. and it really stiffens the car. nothing you notice when droving regularly, but give a little push in the corners, you'll see what Im talking about:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I got an OBX strut brace off of eBay somwhere in the neighborhood of 75 bucks shipped. Quite an improvement. If you're running the stock wheels, you can get a larger size which will add some overall stiffness, too. I'm running 17-inch Cratos and noticed a big improvement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the responses.
As for the body brace, install is straight forward? No cutting or welding and whatnot?

·
Registered
785 Posts
The under boy front brace I installed from Viva Performance bolted right in with 4 bolts - I had no fitment issues. This was on a 1998 C70.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts