SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the wonderful world of volvo's and am considering the purchase of a used 855 or v70. I have heard the 850's may be more reliable than the newer 70's series. True or False?<P>My curent vehicles are Nissan and Toyota, how does the maintence cost and durability compare to the volvos?<P>kelly

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
The cars are quite similar. The V70s benefit from newer design with less rattles and a very capable stock suspension setup. The 850s are a heck of a bargain in the car for money comparison, though are much more prone to rattles as they are an older design.<P>If the car is off warranty, and all 850s are now, you can try to find a good local independent repair shop. Volvo dealers are great, though indy shops can be a little more affordable. Depends where you are, but you could check your phone book for a shop. Upside to a dealer is that their customer service is usually excellent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. The reason I asked is that I have been told the v70's have more electrical problems than the 855. I was not sure if that was just someones opinion or fact. <P>

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Kelly,<P>The only real problem that I know of on the 70-series is that the headlight bulbs seem to blow out often if you keep the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) on. If you can find a nice used V70 GLT, it might be a good deal.<P>-Drew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts