SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im relatively new to Volvos, but not to cars. Im really getting pwnd here, so any help would be much appreciated.<p>My 850r was completely stock when i got it. From day 1 ive had boost problem after boost problem, making stock boost levels only on rare occasion. 90% of the time, im at >7psi. I have seen a shift-spike up to 12, but that is VERY rare and short lived.<p>Heres everything ive done since:<br>-all stage 0 EXCEPT plugs/fuel filter<br>-seafoamed everything<br>-deleted factory muffler<br>-manual boost gauge<br>-manual boost controller(experimental use only)<br>-removed/checked ALL charge piping and couplers<br>-deleted CBV and installed a true BOV<br>-bypassed boost solenoid all together(test only, no response)<br>-disconnected wastegate line (test only, no response)<br>-93 octane always<p>The only way ive gotten a reaction out of the car was by adjusting the crap out of the wastegate arm, and im not happy about it. Now when the car does see 10-11psi, it performs terrible, and sometimes hitting what i guess is an "overboost" switch. The engine itself feels healthy and strong. This is a mad sensor, mystery boost leak, or something.<p>I really dont know whats going on, but ive pretty much exhausted all options and am starting to get frustrated.<p>Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: 850r w/chronic poor performance (Hondamanlxi)

Vaccum lines? That crummy diaphram in the wastegate? I know that the IPD coil made a huge diff on my '96.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 850r w/chronic poor performance (Stormin Norman)

that 10 psi i made was with the wastegate adjusted tons and the line OFF.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 850r w/chronic poor performance (Hondamanlxi)

FIXED!<p>Somewhere along the way, the IACV line cracked wide open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts