SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
481 - 500 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
All the 240's. What is that, 3 242's and a 245?
(I wish I had time to work on mine---)

Your car looks great!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
All the 240's. What is that, 3 242's and a 245?
(I wish I had time to work on mine---)

Your car looks great!
Thanks Chuck. From may car back…. My sons 5.0 245, 3 242’s (one of which is LS3 swapped) a P2 V70R, and a 740 sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
898 Posts
Is the orange the LS-swap? I think I've seen that one on Turbobricks.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Is the orange the LS-swap? I think I've seen that one on Turbobricks.
Yeah, and its very well done. He’s preparing for a family cross country trip in it.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
Reactions: Chuck W

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Maiden track event for the 850R will be an ARSOX drivers education event at the Streets of Willow. My youngest son will be enjoying the car for the weekend.

Reactions: JaredR

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
Ready to go!

Reactions: Chicago_Wagon

·
Registered
898 Posts
Awesome. Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
Looking good!

Leaving the trailer hitch on for the track day? Lol

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
Looking good!

Leaving the trailer hitch on for the track day? Lol
Trailer hitch is great for the rear tow hook and a very strong & convenient spot for trailer tie down. Its not going anywhere

Reactions: JaredR

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·

The car did great today for day 1 of 2. Ian was bumped up into the next fastest run group for tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
Safe travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for making the drive out today! It was great to meet you in person and get to spend a little time. Us track day Volvo guys have to stick together.

Its also nice to have Adam ( Hussein's son) here for the two days playing in his S60R.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for making the drive out today! It was great to meet you in person and get to spend a little time. Us track day Volvo guys have to stick together.

Its also nice to have Adam ( Hussein's son) here for the two days playing in his S60R.

Nice meeting you, Ian, and Adam. The 850R looked great and performed even better. Ian’s a natural. It is hard to believe it was his first time on the track. The look on other drivers’ faces as they got passed by a Volvo wagon was priceless. I look forward to having the two wagons on the track soon.

·
Registered
17,703 Posts
Nice meeting you, Ian, and Adam. The 850R looked great and performed even better. Ian’s a natural. It is hard to believe it was his first time on the track. The look on other drivers’ faces as they got passed by a Volvo wagon was priceless. I look forward to having the two wagons on the track soon.

Not shocking, it’s a real drivers car!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·

Reactions: JaredR and Chuck W

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
Trailer hitch is great for the rear tow hook and a very strong & convenient spot for trailer tie down. Its not going anywhere
Ah, makes sense. It is also an entertaining look for a track car, LOL. I like it.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 ·
1st track day for the 855R and for my son and they both did great. To say they surprised many people would be an understatement.

We learned a couple things about the car as expected, and 102 degree temps helped accelerate the process:

1) the car needs a larger capacity radiator, which was somewhat expected. It never overheated and the oil temps stayed very reasonable, but the temps did climb.

2) it needs a water / methanol system to manage knock retard. The CEL is programmed to flash with KR and it was when temps got high. We managed it with 101 octane fuel, but water meth will add margin. We’ll probably do a simple boost pressure controller as we didn’t see KR under any condition other than WOT.

3) spring rates are too soft and the rear Koni FSD’s don’t provide adequate compression damping. Called Ben today and new springs are on the way. Picking up a pair of Koni adjustables from CJ tomorrow. New rates are 250lb rear and 350lb front.

Overall the car is awesome and I couldn’t be happier with the result.

Thanks to everyone for your input 18 months ago and encouragement along the way. I’ll continue to post photos as we continue to evolve and enjoy the car. I’ll probably retire this thread and start a fresh track car thread for others share their track cars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I concur with your findings. I think cooling is the biggest challenge. I have some ideas I'm planning to implement on my car. We can compare notes in the new track car thread.

481 - 500 of 508 Posts