SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
461 - 480 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
This is will surprise many, but probably not you…. I added time estimates for my wife so we can negotiate time to wrap it up.
I use checklists to ensure I don’t miss anything, but I almost never attempt to estimate durations.
I get that. Mine usually doesn't care how long the project takes, at least as far as the car projects go...unless her car is involved. I'm going to be on the clock for this transmission R&R in her car that's coming up. She can drive my T5, but doesn't want to because of the manual trans. Good thing her work is 1.5 miles from the house and she has a bike (or someone from work will bring her home).

I'm working on the checklist for this project. Luckily there aren't too many parts to it.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
I would have listed them all in hours to make the numbers look smaller LOL
Ha! I was trying to negotiate for more time, not less!

My wife is too smart for math games regardless, but I tried to way over estimate for the appearance of finishing ahead of schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
898 Posts

My wife is too smart for math games regardless, but I tried to way over estimate for the appearance of finishing ahead of schedule.
As Scotty says, you NEVER tell them how much time it will ACTUALLY take to repair something.

·
Registered
17,008 Posts

Oh lol, that seems like a better game to be playing, anyway. Math is real and you might actually finish on schedule. 📈

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
Started the car and drove it out of the garage. Great vitals (70 psi of oil pressure) and the clutch, trans, and brakes worked great.

Unfortunately have a heater hose coolant leak at the firewall, so a new coupler has been ordered.

My son gave it a bath and it looks pretty good. It will be going back to the paint shop for correction in a few spots.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
Out in the wild for the 1st time today. Alignment is complete and hoping to get a 3rd tune revision.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Out in the wild for the 1st time today. Alignment is complete and hoping to get a 3rd tune revision.

That's a pretty dark tint for California. My favorite ticket - Vehicle Code 26708.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice! Looking great. Can’t wait to see how she performs on the track. I brought my car home from storage in hopes to make some progress. I’ll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
That's a pretty dark tint for California. My favorite ticket - Vehicle Code 26708.
I have the same tint on my ZL1 and have never had an issue. The front door windows are at the legal limit and the rears are darker.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
Looks so good. Getting any rub with those size tires?
I little at full lock. CJ has a pair of C70 steering stops for me that should resolve it.

The fenders are slightly rolled and I’ve got -1.5 degrees of camber in for the street which also helps.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 ·

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have the same tint on my ZL1 and have never had an issue. The front door windows are at the legal limit and the rears are darker.
I guess the law must have changed because I used to issue tickets for front window tint. It's been a while though.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
Nice! Looking great. Can’t wait to see how she performs on the track. I brought my car home from storage in hopes to make some progress. I’ll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you…. me too! I have a few issues to resolve like the PS system pulling air from somewhere, but nothing major.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Started tuning with Aaron and I’m excited to see how it runs when its complete. The 2nd revision was wideband lambda regulated, which made a significant improvement in AFR stability and smoothness. Can’t wait until he starts adding timing.

Pleased to report that everything works with the 98 V70R dash and electrical swap including the exterior key central door locking and alarm.

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
Looks good! Probably should add an exhaust tip before you melt your bumper though

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
Looks good! Probably should add an exhaust tip before you melt your bumper though
At the exhaust shop now……. I couldn’t squeeze alignment and exhaust in the same day.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
Better?

Reactions: Chicago_Wagon

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
niiiiiice no melty bumper for you!

(that actually happened to my dad's NA when his exhaust tip rusted off....)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #480 ·
Good Volvo turnout at our local Cars & Coffee this AM

Reactions: mattj456
461 - 480 of 508 Posts