SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
441 - 460 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Looking good!
Any idea how much that rear shock brace will interfere with the stock hinged wood wagon floor bits?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
Looking good!
Any idea how much that rear shock brace will interfere with the stock hinged wood wagon floor bits?
Unfortunately that brace is for a sedan and won’t work in a wagon. In fact I had to remove the hinge brackets from the floor.

The wagon brace doesn’t tie directly to the shock mounts, so I liked this one more for integration with the cage (when I get to that point)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well done! It looks fast just sitting in your garage. I really like the side engine mount. Great find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
Well done! It looks fast just sitting in your garage. I really like the side engine mount. Great find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Looking good!
Thanks BTW!

·
Registered
898 Posts
The car looks great. When do you get to put it to use?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
The car looks great. When do you get to put it to use?
Thanks Chuck, I’m shooting for memorial day weekend. It should have been on the road a month or so ago, but I keep finding new things I want to do before the maiden voyage.

Currently struggling with the immobilizer circuit that was present on the 98 V70R donor car, but not on the 97 850R steering column.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I forget what you're using for engine management. M4.4? I know the DIY M4.4 tune stuff disables the immobilizers in the base tunes.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
I forget what you're using for engine management. M4.4? I know the DIY M4.4 tune stuff disables the immobilizers in the base tunes.
Yeah, I’m using M4.4 and tuning with Aaron. I’ll ask him about it.

It’s weird…. I only get the SRS light with the key in position II.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Bizarre.
Yeah, if you're tuning with him, he should have a handle on it, if it's something tune related.

The base DIY -607 and -608 bins are the results of his work, so it may be outside the tune if you're working with him to begin with.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
Bizarre.
Yeah, if you're tuning with him, he should have a handle on it, if it's something tune related.

The base DIY -607 and -608 bins are the results of his work, so it may be outside the tune if you're working with him to begin with.
Yeah…. Resolved that its outside of his tune. I need to validate connections, and its also possible that the currently missing immobilizer needs to be in the circuit even if Its if it’s ignored by the ECU.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I found the smaller of the 4 connectors under my dash wasn't completely seated and caused intermittent SRS light to luminate and was causing wierd issues with my ECC fan. Located the problem, pushed the connector firmly in, heard a click and all problems have been resolved.

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
I didn't think DOT spec 98s had immobilizers?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·
I didn't think DOT spec 98s had immobilizers?
Yep, this car had an immobilizer and according to Alldata so did C70’s. Maybe regular V70’s didn’t.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
Excited that the steering wheel and matching shifter boot are finally om the way after a very long wait…..

Reactions: Chicago_Wagon

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
Withe the ignition issue hopefully behind me, I’m finally getting down to the short strokes….. estimating 10 hours to maiden voyage.

Reactions: Chuck W

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm just glad when I can cross tasks off of to-do lists.

I don't dare try and put a time estimate on there...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
I'm just glad when I can cross tasks off of to-do lists.

I don't dare try and put a time estimate on there...
This is will surprise many, but probably not you…. I added time estimates for my wife so we can negotiate time to wrap it up.

I use checklists to ensure I don’t miss anything, but I almost never attempt to estimate durations.

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
I would have listed them all in hours to make the numbers look smaller LOL

441 - 460 of 508 Posts