SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

361 - 378 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks great!!! Bummer about the trim... what caused them to do the front and doors but nothing the back bumper?
Doors weren't sprayed because the trim was taken off. Only the front bumper will need to be address.

It looks great neal. Im sure it's a relief to have this stage of the process complete. Now you can start putting it back together. Maybe you'll even make that track day at the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Looks great!!! Bummer about the trim... what caused them to do the front and doors but nothing the back bumper?
The front spoiler was also black, so it wasn’t as obvious to them. The rear bumper was red and the trim has clearly been recently painted black.The side molding is off the car for paint.

Turns out SEM makes a better color than what I used anyway, so the outcome will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Doors weren't sprayed because the trim was taken off. Only the front bumper will need to be address.

It looks great neal. Im sure it's a relief to have this stage of the process complete. Now you can start putting it back together. Maybe you'll even make that track day at the end of the year.

Thanks Ryan.... might make the New Years eve track day. I think it will be there, but not sure it will be ready to participate.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Just in case anyone else ever wants to swap X70 interior.... the latch hand bolts right in and the handle requires drilling four pilot holes.

Now the power windows and door locks will work properly.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The car looks great, Neal!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
The car looks great, Neal!
Thanks Chuck. It looks best in photos at the moment, but will shape up. I was a little disappointed in the amount of dust, but it will clean up well.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Hope to finish up the front brakes this weekend. Modifying BBK brackets with new top plates to fit the 996 Turbo calipers.

Calipers are media blasted and ready for a necessary mod before G2 paint thats color matched to the body.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very nice. The proper brakes for this track car.

I'd love to take my car out on the track sometime. Would be a blast.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Looking great! Wagons look so nice in red. Getting close ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Slowly but surely.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Very nice. The proper brakes for this track car.

I'd love to take my car out on the track sometime. Would be a blast.

Thanks Ryan. Just come hang out at a track day first to enjoy the vibe.... I think you’ll enjoy it.

Hoping for a 2 day at sears point in the spring.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Getting by with a little help from my friends.... spent a few hours with CJ today to make the 996 Turbo calipers work.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Awesome that you're close enough to him make that happen. Looking forward to seeing that set-up.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Awesome that you're close enough to him make that happen. Looking forward to seeing that set-up.
Yeah, very fortunate. CJ’s a great guy and I always enjoy seeing him.

Unfortunately my rotor centerline to caliper mounting hole centerline dimensions in the bracket design was off by 2.5mm, so I’m deciding how beat to address that.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Excited to replace my old strut bar with a new one from CJ. These have really nice stainless strut tower plates with beautiful welds, and are preload adjustable. Just have to get rid of the blue!

He was the supplier for IPd before they went offshore and he has some remaining inventory they didn’t purchase.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah, very fortunate. CJ’s a great guy and I always enjoy seeing him.

Unfortunately my rotor centerline to caliper mounting hole centerline dimensions in the bracket design was off by 2.5mm, so I’m deciding how beat to address that.
Oof!
I hate when I do stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Oof!
I hate when I do stuff like that.
Me too. Might just put a 2.5mm spacer behind the rotor.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've done that before. Not to correct any errors, but just to allow something to fit that shouldn't have. (12" C4 Corvette brakes on the front of an '80 Mercury Cougar XR-7). That car was built from all the random crap I had sitting around from years of collecting parts and old projects.

361 - 378 of 378 Posts