SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well at work the other day the finance finally came through for the guy to sell his 850R 5spd. this means i am alligble to buy it!he only wants $19,950(around$8,000US)
the car is as clean as the day it was brought, except the run up the bum it had! the damage is not bad, but it does need to b pulled out and the bumper and boot lid need to b replaced. now this is pretty easy to repair for me considring i have all the equipment(and more) to do the job.but there is the one problem...MONEY!. do you guys reckon its worth takeing out a loan to buy it? it will take 5 years to pay it off.. the car is a 97 model, by the time i own it it will be 10 years old.the 850r's go for $32,000 here so i am getting a bargin. your ideas will be very greatful to me.all i can say is i am in love with the car, but if im going to into dept i would rather by a porche 911(wouldt be as nice as the 850)

specs:
5cyl turbo 185kw
5 speed manuel
68,000klm
red,volans
tinted windows
flawless leather interior.
comes with regerstration.
been servesed regulary.

michael.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I love my 850, and you can't go wrong with an R!

Go for it!

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Especially a 5spd R. That's a great find. I know they're probably not as rare over there, but still. Nice find, and nice price too....even if it is damaged.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys just want to see me go broke! lol. but still a sure nice car to go broke over thow...it is a nice find, there arnt too many 5 spd's here but they are here. the car looks the same as the one at the top of of the 800 page except it has black volans and tinted windows. i will take some pics of it and post them. im going to talk to the bank on monday to see what the go is with getting the finance. i have to be quick other wise someone eles will snap it up. now when a customer asks about it i say " hmmm its pretty badly damaged"usally works..
just the thought of being only 18 and owning a 97' 850R 5 spd and showing it off to my freinds at school is enuf to buy it...

michael.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts