SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ckmack's 850 T-5R Introduction

So my dream car recently came up for sale and I couldn't pass it up, unfortunately this probably means letting go of my Laser Blue sometime this spring. Daisy was bought last week in Westchester, NY from the ORIGINAL owner who has kept the car in immaculate condition. The interior and exterior condition are both a 9/10 with only a few minor issues. Odometer stopped with 88,697 a few years ago but the owner estimated 105k for the true mileage. I plan on reading the true mileage under the hood this weekend. It is now in storage until this spring and when the snow/road salt clears. Original Titans were included and I am working on cleaning them. Included was the T-5R yellow stitched book, yellow stitched floor mats that look unused, and even the original window sticker. Will be posting updates in this thread. Cheers!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congratulations on the find! :D Gotta love the P80s.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
That is practically a Volvo barn find. Congratulations!

Followed Robert's video for replacing the odometer gear just last weekend, super easy.

Any plans to slightly modify it, or keeping it in it's pure form?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Congrats wasn't this one listed for sale on here once?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
+2 /\ isnt this the one that was for sale on here not too long ago?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Very cool. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
+3 ↑↑ yeah this is definitely the car that was listed on here.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So after going under the hood and reading the mileage via the blinking light, the mileage is 92k and change. That was a pleasant surprise. PO must have overestimated because the cluster is still original. No plans to modify the looks of the car but I am gonna go through it mechanically and fix any issues/do some preventative maintenance. And yeah, this was originally posted here a couple months ago, however I found it via the classifieds on VCOA

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Congrats! I used to live in Westchester, specifically Yonkers. Now, I reside in Texas with my 850R.

·
Registered
13,507 Posts
Congrats on the new to you yellow. I saw that one listed and if I didn't have one already...

Looks like you found a nice one!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some updates with pics: had the car for about 6 months now and it has been amazing. Maintenance wise, it's received a coolant flush/new reservoir, oil change, new plugs, new bump stop, fixed an axle seal leak, alignment, fixed the aerial which only went up half way, and also had the OEM Titans refinished. Had some paintless dent removal done also.

Been buying some OEM accessories to give the car some more 'Volvo' character. Bought the OEM cd player (still trying to figure out mounting), OEM carbon fiber spark plug cover, OEM strut brace, OEM rear sunshade (on the hunt for backseat ones). Will be adding rear mudflaps soon and winter floor mats. Still have a few car shows lined up for the end of summer and hope to meet more Volvo fanatics

and lastly, a pic from Carlisle 2016!

·
Registered
13,507 Posts
Nice additions. Where did you get the strut brace and plug cover from? I am doing something similar with my yellow. Thanks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice additions. Where did you get the strut brace and plug cover from? I am doing something similar with my yellow. Thanks!
Strut brace is still available from Volvo. Cost me about $270. And then the plug cover came from a member here, kinda rare. Been NLA for a while

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quick update of stuff over the last few months:

Classic Maine foliage picture and how she sits today

Got the rear sunshade installed finally

Installed the correct rear mudflaps

Found and bought the correct rear heated switches (still available from Volvo). Have most of the correct P80 wiring, this might be a next summer project

Tracked down a "new-ish old stock" dual tip exhaust, will be putting this on the car this week

eBay led me to these, original Ray-Ban Driving Series T-5R sunglasses :cool:

Will probably be putting the car away mid-November. Still on the hunt for some accessories including the rear side window sunshades and a factory RIP kit. Had a lot of fun this past summer at some car shows in New England and hoping to attend more and more next year

1 - 20 of 91 Posts