SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am a VW head but recently have begun to feel pretty good about these 850s. It all started then I saw that yellow one with the Titan wheels recently on here and VWVortex.<BR>Ok, what year was this color of yellow available and was this an "R" or "T5-R"..<BR>ok please break it to me nicely but are thse only available in... gasp, automatics?<BR>Thanks for the info. <BR>Heres to positive manifold pressure.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The pale yellow color only came on the 1995 850 T-5R. In '96, the name was changed to just "850R". In the United States, the 850R/850T-5R was only available with an automatic transmission. The "R" cars were all turbo 5cyl cars that produced around 240HP, and the basic T-5 (5cyl turbo) made about 222HP, and came in both auto and manual. The '95 T-5R came with 5 spoke 17" wheels which were silver colored, and the 850R from '96-'97 came with 7 spoke 17" wheels which were a dark grey color. The "R" cars came with a more aggresive looking front spoiler, and on the sedan, a slightly different rear spoiler that had a larger lip at the rear of the spoiler. I don't know all of the interior and suspension changes, so I'll let someone else cover that. That's about all I know about the 850R, and hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.<P>

·
Registered
200 Posts
BillyD~ I'm with ya!!! I have only driven VW A2's, B2's and T4's since 1986 when I bought a Golf GTI new. VW's are the coolest in my book but the draw of a bigger faster safer car was what lured us over last week. <P>If youlike the yellow be prepared to look around alot. If you want the yellow wagon like I did then you really need to be patient because sooner or later one will turn up - I wasn't. Both the ones I was refered to had sold already so if you do by chance want and find the elusive yellow T5-R wagon I would give a deposit on my VISA the second you speak to someone. HA!!! yah I'm not kidding. I bet the A3 SURF Green VR6 GTI is easier to find than the yellow wagon.<P>Should you want a yellow sedan, they are around. I saw a few FS online over the last 6 months.<P>As for the automatic... Hmmmm thats the one area I had to deal with too. But let me tell you when you romp on the 850R it freakin flies and it is SMOOOTH even power... Vroooooom baby.<P>I'm gonna suprise alot of punks in A3 VR6's and A4 1.8T/VR6 this Spring once the action heats back up on our local strip.<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts