SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this on the car prior to IPD Exhaust. It is from the cat back and shows some minimal surface rust. FREE to a good home. Will NOT deliver. I sold the car and will be throwing it away if no one wants it. It is still in one piece and does NOT include the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey!
I am intrigued, to say the very least, at your most tantalazing offer. My home is warm, we have a nice garage to offer the orphan R exhaust, and a freindly, eager, yet slightly docile white '97 850 N/A sedan who needs a bit of a kick in the ass, if you know what I mean
So just one question, how much do you reckon it would cost to ship the package from MD to Vermont? I just want to get an idea of how much it would set me back to get it sent, before I decide if I want to either a.) drive the way, b.) ship it, or c.) decide it was not a good idea after all. As I said before, your offer sounds fantastic, and I, a young Volvo enthuisast who, along with a Saab driver friend, has turned most of his boys into Swede-speeders, think this may be an offer too good to let go.
Thanks for your help, hope to hear from you soon. My email addy is: [email protected]

Thanks again, -Tim

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I purchased my exhaust from a guy in New England, and I think it was about $15 to ship it (to VA). Mine was also used, but for only a month, so it was still possibly to separate all the pieces (but with hammer dents on the tailpipe from disassembly). This saved me about $100, and it fit together almost like new with all the pieces that originally came with it from IPD.

The problem with this one is that it's probably rusted together and seized at the joints since it was used for a few years. If that's the case, it's a PITA to separate, and it may not go back together very well. It would probably require welding at every joint since they'd be cut apart, and that won't be cheap like just hanging a slip-fit exhaust and tightening clamps. You could probably put together a high flow custom exhaust with new parts that wouldn't be too much more expensive overall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the advice
I guess it would be wiser to go with a newer one, as in the end, the extra money would outweigh the frustration. Thanks anyway, George!
-Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts