SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
as premium gets more expensive, buying race gas just makes more and more sense....

Agreed but around here, all of the race gas (e.g. Sunoco GT-100) I've found is available only in drums and not at the pump. Now, if someone knew somewhere in Fairfield County, CT or Westchester County, NY that I could drive to and find race gas at the pump, I would gladly make the trip each and every time
Not that I'm lazy but I did the jerry-can thing once and it simply wasn't worth the hassle (IMHO).

Regards,

Derek

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
Derek,

You can get Sunoco 260 GT100 "Race Fuel" at any of the following stations in CT:

Cromwell Auto Service
115 Berlin Rd
Cromwell, CT 06516
(860) 636-1917

RPM
80 South St
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 748-7811

Dan's Garage
115 Roosevelt Dr
Derby, CT 06418
(203) 734-2457

Glastonbury Sunoco
2750 Main St
Glastonbury, CT 06033
(860) 633-2632

Dez's Mobil Mart
750 Straits Turnpike
Middlebury, CT 06762
(203) 598-3299

Monroe Turnpike Service Center
396 Monroe Turnpike
Monroe, CT 06468
(203) 261-6782

Ferry Blvd Sunoco
734 Ferry Blvd
Stratford, CT 06614
(203) 377-4753

Berkshire Store
103 Cemetary Hill Rd
West Cornwall, CT 06796
(860) 672-3663

-Eric

P.S. Still haven't had a chance to get the damn stuff installed on my car.

True but I've stopped-by a couple of these places and they only carry race gas in drums http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif
Eric - of those on the list, are you aware if any of the shops have it at the pump?

Regards,

Derek

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: (bb vign)

Quote, originally posted by bb vign »

True but I've stopped-by a couple of these places and they only carry race gas in drums http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif
Eric - of those on the list, are you aware if any of the shops have it at the pump?

Regards,

Derek

Eric - FYI - I just called RPM and they carry GT100 at the pump!
Only 10 miles from my house so I will stop by in the next few weeks and let you know what they're charging...

Regards,

Derek

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: (Thesaurrex) (fyi to eric esponte as well)

Quote, originally posted by Thesaurrex »
Hey Derek - let me know how RPM is - I live in Trumbull but go to Danbury all the time would be nice to be able to fill at the pump (at least race gas doesn't smell too bad when you spill it all over the place from those stupid drums...)

Finally got around to filling-up with 5 gallons Ultra93 and 10 gallons of GT100 at RPM this week. The new owner is Tom who is a carguy who races a variety of Z-cars and also happens to be an avid sailor (we share the same two passions). Cost at the pump was a paltry $5.79/gallon which compared to buying 5 gallon drums elsewhere at $7.50/gallon is an absolute steal IMHO. He did say that they usually only carries race gas during the summer months but if there is enough interest, he will hopefully carry it year-round. He also offered to keep 5 and 15 gallon drums available to customers and once purchased, he would store them at RPM. As an example, if only filling-up with 8 gallons from a 15 gallon drum (he supplies the jerry can and would fill-up the car for you), he would keep the rest in the drum at RPM with the customer's name on it. Definitely a great guy and nice to have GT100 at the pump locally!

RPM
80 South St
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 748-7811

(BTW, I did an ECU reset and noticed some of my cold-weather power is back. That being said, since I always run 93, the change is likley nowehere as big as if I was running 91 all the time)

Regards,

Derek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.