Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car has been traded.

Positives:
- B21ft (K-jet) that cranks right up every time
- Reman Garrett T3 with Intercooler
- Some interior parts re-covered.
- Clearcoat re-sprayed on top half, lower half looks pretty good. Has really nice paint in comparison to a lot of 240s I've seen. It definitely stands out as one of the all-around cleaner cars.
- M46 - shifts great and OD works every time without a hitch
- Runs, drives, stops. DEFINITELY daily driver material. Ask me how I know.
- A/C converted to R134a by PO. I had it recharged and it cools pretty well. I don't really use it because of the load it puts on the motor but it's there and working if you want to. Compressor is a diesel Kiki/Sanden
- Ipd 25mm sways front and rear
- Poly torque rod bushings
- Ipd adjustable panhard bar
- Tie rods and tie rod ends should be replaced as of next week. If not, they will go with the car.
- Alpine stereo with Boston speakers. AUX capable. CD part is a little funky.

Things to be addressed:
- Rust. Some in the front floorboards and buttcheeks but patch panels are included! I'll be glad to send the best pictures I can get of the rust.
- Windshield is cracked and lets a little water seep in around the seal.
- Heater valve doesn't shut off but has a manual shut off installed so it is fine for the summer. DavidSamuels sells the good replacement ones.
- I believe the turbo seals might need replacing. Sometimes on a warm start it will blow a puff of smoke which goes away. Sometimes under hard boost you will see a slight puff as well. I've just lived with it because 240 turboz. But seriously, don't let that deter you. It's a great car which I would literally drive anywhere.
- Will need tires but I've made a few 200 mile round trips on them without a single problem.

Parts included with the car:
- WIRING HARNESS!!! For '83 B21 Turbo K-jet motor. Original one has not caused any problems but aren't they all inevitably going to go bad?
- Motor mounts and a tranny mount
- Spare K-jet fuel pump

- Thule rack is NOT included. I will need that on whatever car I end up with.

Overall I rate the mechanics at 8 out of 10, simply because of the smoke issue. Otherwise, a GREAT running car.
Exterior at 7 out of 10 due to rust.
Interior 8 out of 10. A couple spots in hard-to-notice places. Dash is cracked but covered. Black on black too!

Asking $1800, which I think is rather fair. Car is located in Lexington, NC 27295.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Im seriously concidering this, please pm me.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sale postponed until I find a nice wagon.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
What happened? Did you lose the XC70, the girl friend, or both. :p

Bump for a nice car ... sometime in the future. ;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What happened? Did you lose the XC70, the girl friend, or both. :p

Bump for a nice car ... sometime in the future. ;)
Haha neither are gone. I just miss having a wagon to haul my drums and other things around, but I think its going to be hard to find one that I like as much as this car.

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you interested in FWD wagons? Have a black 95 850 T5R i'd be willing to trade if i saw some more pics. LMK if you're looking for a fwd car and we can go from there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So, is it really still for sale?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car is being traded tomorrow. Thanks for all inquiries.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Pics of the 245? :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts