SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got notification (email) that my car was loaded on a vessel. Just did the tracking, looks like it left Gothenburg 9/8. The estimated arrival of my car is October 15th, however I dropped it off August 11th.

Has it taken this long for anyone else? Originally I was told mid September when I dropped it off but they said that would be delayed by 1-2 weeks, but not 4 weeks!

Just the other day I was thinking I had 2-3 weeks max of wait time left which I could handle, now it looks like I have over a month (on top of the month I've already waited).

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
wait time

The fact that it sat for almost a month before being loaded really slowed it down. I guess it all depends on the shipping schedule. Some get lucky and drop off the car and it gets loaded within days. Hang in there, it will be here before you know it. Anticipation is half the fun!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I think Volvo likes to under promise and over deliver...... :)

Ours arrived in 6 weeks, that being said I believe ours may have shipped sooner than 4 weeks from our delivery in Gothenburg....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine was arrived in 7 weeks from the day I dropped the car @ FDC. Hope this help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think mine got slowed down because the factory was closed when I dropped it off and they weren't producing cars off the line to load up. I guess I just didn't think it would delay that much. The good news I guess is once it hits the port in Long Beach it's only 5-6 hours away (although I am sure it will probably take a few days to a week)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Like someone said, there is a little bit of under promising.
But you car could be stuck at port for a little. The truck that will deliver your car to your local dealer needs to fill up with other cars. Obviously they are not going to drive your car out on the back of an 18-wheeler by itself. So depending on the deliveries to your area, your car could be stuck at port in the LA area for a little while.
It's all about timing!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
My car was stuck in California at port for maybe a month, so all together I waited 12 weeks, I think. That port delay was more than I would have expected, but I also live as far as one can, I think, in terms of delivering items by boat. Sweden to Alaska is a long haul.
I do hope you get it sooner, but the day will come when you once again get that special feeling in stepping into your new car (for a "second" time).

freezingalaskan

·
Registered
19 Posts
I dropped off at FDC on July 27 I (factory was closed for vacation) so car didn't leave Gothenburg until Aug. 14. Arrived in port on Aug. 27th and was available at pick up from dealer on Sept. 5th. It was still a week and a half from when it arrived in port to pick up from dealer and the port is only about an hour and a half from my dealer. However my notification from Volvo indicated an expected delivery date of Sept. 17th so it does seem they seem to build in a decent buffer. I'm on East coast so I'm sure coming into a West coast port will add some time, but hopefully you will have before the Oct. 5th estimate. It's worth it once it arrives...stay strong!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
We dropped our car off in Paris on July 12th and are also waiting. I think it sat in Paris for a month before finally making it onto a ship in Belgium August 14th. It's currently in customs, so hopefully not too much longer!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cellardoor,

Ship time from Gothenburg's Port to Port Hueneme California was 24 days. After it arrived on August 8th it took six days to reach Lawrence Volvo in Walnut Creek CA. It ended up being about eight weeks between FDC drop-off and re-delivery.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Delivery

We got very lucky and received our OSD C30 in about 6 1/2 weeks and that was even with the Christmas and New Year Holiday. We dropped the car at the FDC on Nov 16, it was loaded a week later and arrived at Brunswick in mid-December. It seemed to take a very long time from the port to the dealer (about a 6 hour drive), but it got cleaned, gassed and delivered on the 2nd of Jan. Our XC60while not an OSD, but a dealer snatch after being built, took the normal amount of time. Some have languished longer but it is all worth the wait in the end.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dropped off at the FDC on July 5th and picked up at the dealer on August 27th. 7 1/2 weeks. The car was in Baltimore on August 2nd; so 25 days to get it from Baltimore to Pittsburgh. Worth the wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that's reasonable. I dropped off my car in Hamburg, Germany on 7/11 and I'm still waiting. It arrived at the port in Long Beach on 9/6. Still waiting for delivery to the dealership...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dropped our car at the fdc on 9/3. Just found out it is on the Atlantic Companion which left Gothenburg on 9/17. The Atlantic Companion is due to dock in Baltimore on 10/4. We'll see how long it takes for the car to get to Cleveland from there. 8 weeks would have it here 10/30, which is perfect timing. Lease on the Lexus E350 which the S60 is replacing will be up within a month at that point

·
Registered
31 Posts
12 weeks

My car took 12 weeks to arrive at the dealer. It arrived when volvo said it would, so there was no under promise/over deliver. It took about 3 1/2 weeks to get from Port Hueneme to Olympia, WA. The biggest holdup was at the beginning because Gothenburg didn't load it on a ship until more than 2 weeks after we dropped it off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dropped our car at the fdc on 9/3. Just found out it is on the Atlantic Companion which left Gothenburg on 9/17. The Atlantic Companion is due to dock in Baltimore on 10/4. We'll see how long it takes for the car to get to Cleveland from there. 8 weeks would have it here 10/30, which is perfect timing. Lease on the Lexus E350 which the S60 is replacing will be up within a month at that point
Status update (Oct. 11, 2012) on E.H. Harms web site, Vehicle released to manufacturer. Hoping to pick car up from dealer next Saturday. That would be 47 days from drop-off at FDC.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Don't forget...Customs...just like TSA, you never know who is working on any day

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just received a call from the dealer. The car is there. 6 weeks from drop off at fdc to delivery at dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Funny..I had to contact my dealer (did not order the car through them) to find out my car is "sitting out back". Wow. Never received a call or anything, from the sales person I talked to it seemed like it had been there a few days at least. To top it off they tell me the one guy that can release the car to me left today and won't be back till Monday. Awesome.

Definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth, I have a choice of two Volvo dealerships in Phoenix for parts and service and will definitely not be using them after this. Hopefully the other location has better customer service.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts