SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 1990 780 Turbo to be my next daily driver, for the usual reasons (safety, panache, I can't afford a new S60 or convince my mom that she REALLY wants a new wagon and therefore should surrender her glorious 1999 S80T6). However, it is important to me that a car is an easy stereo install. I have good components from my last daily driver, and I want to use them. So, my questions:<p>1) How deep are the front-door speakers? I want to use 5.25" coaxes (DEI Studio neo coaxes) that are 2 3/8" deep.<p>2) Are there any special troubles I should be aware of in replacing the head unit. (I have a Denon one ca. 1996 that's still the best sounding head I've seen.)<p>3) Is it hard to seal the trunk/boot? Looking at it, I think I would install a baffle behind the rear seat with two infinite-baffle subs, and build little fiberglass enclosures tuned to Qtc=0.577 for whatever speakers I put in the rear deck.<p>4) What rattles need to be addressed?<p>5) Any other general pearls of wisdom about installing stereos in pre-Dynaudio Volvos?<p>Peace,<p>Jay

1 - 1 of 1 Posts