1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
240 wagon wanted 1990-93

rust free body - high mileage - no collision damage - good glass
on east coast - 4 cylinder - interior condition unimportant
prime interest is a good to excellent condition garaged car with 150K+ miles? from SE ?
anti lock brakes - white exterior/tan/blue b plus - for IPD type rebuild

Modified by datakoll at 1:22 PM 4-8-2006

Modified by datakoll at 1:23 PM 4-8-2006

Modified by datakoll at 1:24 PM 4-8-2006

·
Registered
715 Posts
Re: 760 - 940 wagon wanted (datakoll)

I saw this on the BrickBoard for $2,200:

740 wagon. Metallic charcoal with tan leather interior. Seats in good shape, headlining fine. Sunroof, 3rd row seat.

M46 Manual gearbox with OD and new clutch

It has 25mm IPD swaybar kit, chassis bar, KYB shocks and 240 Turbo wheels.

I have owned this car for going on 5 years I have always enjoyed it as it is a great handling/looking/versatile wagon I hate to sell it, but I have 6 cars and a new baby, so it is time to pass it on to some else to enjoy.

I know nothing about it or the seller.
PS
I do have a canoe and Roberts 770X R to R tape recorder if needed for your project real cheap if a package deal.

·
Registered
715 Posts

and this one on the IPD site. A, I do not know the car or the seller:

''87 760 Turbowagon 184K. PO (Friend) and I did the Head Gasket about 10k ago. Head was machined and tanked, valves adjusted, new timing belt, New alternator (Bosch) as well. Ext of car is good for age. No rust and only a bit of fading paint. Int needs work. Probably a dozen small tasks mechanically. Motor mounts need replacing as well as about $100 worth of exhaust. Has lots of potential but is by no means perfect. I have my eye on a new 164 and need the capital:) $700 obo seems fair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: 760 - 940 wagon wanted (96PlatEdition)

Hey i just bought my 1993 volvo 940 Turbo Wagon less than two months ago.
I needed the car for work purposes, meaning i used it to get from my home to go to work and that was it.
I have covered approximattely 900 miles since i got it. It is a green color on the outside and creme color interior leather. Since i got it all the belts were replaced the stereo was replaced various hoses and the radiator along with an oil change. Also have to put the new exhaust on it. Right now am waiting for aftermarket bulbs to come in headlights would be bluish and the fogs would have yellow bulbs in it. Has pretty much Brand new tires all around brakes are more than 50% good handles great doesnt burn oil doesnt overheat. Also comes with sunroof wind deflector but it hasnt been installed yet.

car has a small vibration in the steering wheel when traveling around 65-75 mph but above that or below that its fine

The reason for this sale is that I'm a high school student which no longer needs the car. My job has closed its location. I worked as a parking attendant. Since it closed i have not went to look for another job all the money i had went into this and i just want it to go to someone that will use it.

The car is originally from Massachussetts and was recently brought from there to New York.

The only thing the car might need is a new timing belt and water pump. Also there is a small leak from the front of the transmission i think and its leaking a small amount of tranny oil. For the whole 2 months i owned it i added one quart of oil and the thing was full so i left it alone. Its just sitting in front of my house taking up room.

I apologize for the dirtyness of the car. Am including the headunit thats in the car and most likely the original unit that was in there. A/C works great heat is superb, when driving with heat on for a long period of time it gets so hot that your feet burn.... no lie...

so far ive spent a little over 600 in parts on it and maintenance

Here are the pictures

Video of the car will be posted soon

am looking for around 3100$ as it is or best offer

PM me or email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Onless the car has been really abused, the 740/940 series cars have very little rust problems. Most problems occur when the car is in an accident and not repaired properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts