SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have a manual for the car, just crossed 75k, just did oil, but is there anything else major I should be doing? serp belt? air filter? plugs? tranny flush (it seems to hold a gear longer than i think it should sometimes) (saw someone posted an easy-ish method a little while back)?

if someone has an easy link or something to point me to, t'would be much appreciated.

car is a 2008 T6

Registered
On the top of my head I'm pretty sure the spark plugs are due at every 120k km or 75k mi.

Registered
I don't have the URL handy so you'll have to Google it, but the Volvo owner/warranty/service manuals are available in PDF on a Volvo website.

Registered

Super Moderator
I have a 2009 XC70, which is basically a station wagon version of the S80 I regret to inform you that the 75K is a MAJOR service. Ran me about $600 at a dealer. Includes Oil Change, plugs, air filter, cabin filter, brake fluid flush, etc., etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brad, thanks for the insight, i have a lift in my garage, car in the air and turning wrench doesn't frighten me, just wanted to know what's on the schedule..

did oil last week, air filter probably needs done, did cabin filter last winter, will put it and inspect, i'll have to do my homework on the plugs procedure if there's anything goofy about it.

can anyone look up a plug procedure and a brake fluid flush procedure, i understand concepts and have done on other cars, just want to know if there's anything specific to this tank

Registered
I think user tomm was going to do a brake fluid flush and he was on about something with the ABS system. I don't remember exactly but the car had to be in ignition mode II (engine not running though) while the fluid is changed to get all the fluid changed.

As for the plugs, volvosweden has a video on those. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAb26Duu_PY Don't know why he suggests 100k km or 60k mi though, the interval is 120k km or 75k mi as far as I know. He's got the older T6 though, could be why...?

Registered
JT,
I have a 2009 S80 T6. The spark plug change interval is 60k. Make sure that you have plastic wire looms 3/8" and 1/4" available. The plastic wire looms protecting the spark plug wires are very brittle and will fall apart if you try to remove the igniters and plugs.

I posted the easy transmission fluid change post. It has been about 2 weeks since the change and my car does not exhibit the shift flare.

I also had to change the upper torque mount and also fixed the leaking vacuum pump seals. You might want to keep on eye on those items.

Registered
Brad, thanks for the insight, i have a lift in my garage, car in the air and turning wrench doesn't frighten me, just wanted to know what's on the schedule..

did oil last week, air filter probably needs done, did cabin filter last winter, will put it and inspect, i'll have to do my homework on the plugs procedure if there's anything goofy about it.

can anyone look up a plug procedure and a brake fluid flush procedure, i understand concepts and have done on other cars, just want to know if there's anything specific to this tank
Spark plugs are the only thing "tricky" to do in this service. Brakes are easy on these.
Let me know when you plan on doing them and I'll see if I can swing by to help? If you plan to tackle the plugs too I'd like to come by and learn also. I had Borton do my 75K service because I was short on time...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The majority of my own car work starts after 8pm due to the little 2-legged that occupy my time from after work 'til bed time. YouTube made it look rather straight forward, all seem very accessible. If I think to check forum before I tackle it, I will throw you a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts