SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done today.
Had the seat heaters adjusted to max heat (still no match for the furnace-like heat that my Denali puts out).
Switched to the 1-touch unlocks all doors.
Switched to synthetic (I bought Mobil 1 and brought it with me to the dealership)
Had the Ipod installed ($300+tax
)

Talking with the service advisor, I realize I need to get to know the Service Manager. When I asked about mods he didn't seem to know much (never heard of Evolve). This will be a work in progress. http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

I did tell him I was going to take the bracket off this weekend. He said we can do it, so what the hell. They did. I might get some oversized washers to put up there at a later date. I did find it interesting that the dealership was told it is OK by Volvo to remove the bracket. It did have two minor scraps on, but I was surprised there wasn't even a slight dent. It now resides in my garage. Anyone want one??? I'll sell it REAL cheap!

My loaner car was brand new V50 2.4. T Not sure the name of the color, but it was just a little darker than my Sonic Blue. Looked nice. I was disappointed by the gray interior. Some cheap plastic on parts of the door as well. The 2.4 was a little underpowered. Gas pedal and brake too damn close. I hate that. My Saab had the same problem. Once in a while you'll hit the brake instead of the gas. http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif
What was really cool was the option to program a lot personal settings through the radio (things like auto locking doors, flash to unlock, etc).

Kinda funny how my one and only free service ended up costing me $350+ - oil & Ipod installation)

***Dammit, Syracuse just lost to the Aggies

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: 7500 service completed (flybynight)

WOW $300 to install the iPod adapter

I did mine last weekend in about an hour and mounted it right in the center console.

Smart move taking off that useless and potentially dangerous exhaust bracket - lemme know if you get any takers for yours
I am sure others on this board have that spare part as well.

More sage advice for all...
Quote, originally posted by flybynight »

...I realize I need to get to know the Service Manager. This will be a work in progress. http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: 7500 service completed (bschurr)

Quote, originally posted by bschurr »
WOW $300 to install the iPod adapter

I did mine last weekend in about an hour and mounted it right in the center console.

I think (hope) he's including the price of the unit. If so, that's a pretty good price compared to what others on this board have been quoted.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price of the unit? You don't mean the Ipod, do you? If so, no. I had my own Ipod.

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: (flybynight)

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »
Price of the unit? You don't mean the Ipod, do you? If so, no. I had my own Ipod.

No I was assuming that the $300 included both the ipod ADAPTOR and the labor to install.

I think bschurr was assuming that $300 was the installation price without the adaptor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.