SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody knows how to access and clean the fuel tank filter (if it exists) without removing the fuel tank? There is something clogged in there. I see something on the bottom of the tank that may look like a window (?). My shop manuals have no discussion on that subject. But somebody must have had the same problem as I ...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Any idea what size fits that "square"? Will inch braker bar fit it, or larger?

Hope I can clean that and re-install. Any ideas where I can get a replacement if it is beyond repair?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I did this once. Be very careful, clean all the undercoating out of the square recess. The size I believe is metric, between 3/8 and 1/2 inch, to long ago for more info, equivalant. It must fit snugly or you will damage the recess and then you have real problems. Drain all the fuel before you start this. Spray heavily the threads with penitrating oil.
Yes the filter is available from http://www.vp-autoparts.com and the part is 688593 Sarnfilter Filter petrol 121.00 krona
It is plastic and may be stuck on the metal tube that comes from the side of the tank, a pair of long nose pliers may do the trick to get it out.
It just slides on the tube and if really stuck you may break the tube.
Hope you luck out and the filter was cleaned ocassionaly.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, this is exactly the info I was looking for. I hope that by cleaning that sock filter with a rag I may be able to declare "victory", but will see. I suspect that once I remove that window once, it will be easier to remove it a second time if I have to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts