SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here in SoCal? I've got a '73 145 in Escondido, just north of San Diego.

B20F, D-Jet. 4-speed w/OD. 210k miles. It's never been apart. I'm preparing to do a cross country road trip, out to Michigan and back, in it when the social distancing situation gets resolved.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When are you looking to come through Michigan? Myself and another individual are in the Ann Arbor area. PM me if you'll be passing through. I could also put you in touch with the Great Lakes Volvo Club. The Gilmore museum near Kalamazoo is also very cool.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Riverside. 69 142 and 06 t5 awd s40. Search inland empire Volvo’s Facebook and well add you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When are you looking to come through Michigan?
The present timeline is unclear to say the least. Our plan had been to depart SoCal back on 21 March, arriving back in the homeland around 1 April. Then turning around westward sometime near 15 April. The present outlook is for departure from SoCal sometime after Labor Day with return to SoCal by around Halloween. Obviously that is speculative at best currently.

Myself and another individual are in the Ann Arbor area. PM me if you'll be passing through.
We won't be passing thru Ann Arbor per se on the trip. However one of my nieces lives in Plymouth so it is highly likely that we'll visit the area. I'll most definitely reach out when we know more.

I could also put you in touch with the Great Lakes Volvo Club.
That would be cool. We've had multiple Volvos over the years. Our present family daily driver is a Gothenburg delivered '16 V60. And the Geely connection is also interesting as we also own some Lotus.

The Gilmore museum near Kalamazoo is also very cool.
I'm originally from Benton Harbor and lived in Kalamazoo for a few years. I still have family in both locations. So we'll most definitely be there. We always stop in to both the Gilmore and AirZoo museums when we visit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts