SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bringing my car in tomorrow for its 7,500 mile service and I was wondering if there is anything special I should be on the lookout for, or make sure they perform.

Also, thanks to this forum http://********************/smile/emthup.gif, I will be bringing with me printouts of Volvo TNN's 77-08 and 85-26, which address the front axle noise and the rocking front seats, respectively, both of which I have.

However, among others, I also have the infamous problem of the rattling gloxe box that does not close all the way. The first time they look at that, they told me it's a common problem and to go home, which I found unacceptable, but did as I was told. However, the problem has worsened since and I really would like to go back with something in writing, preferrably a TNN. Is there one? If so, can anyone provide the direct link?

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (Razor1973)

85-28, not 26...?

For the glovebox, all they do is tighten a few screws, tape up the latch, and apply thick pads on both sides of the interior part of the door itself. No TNN as far as I know, but this glovebox thing is something EVERYONE has had.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (Short Circuit)

Quote, originally posted by Short Circuit »
85-28, not 26...?

85-26

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (Razor1973)

85-26 is for 2001 thru 2004 S60's. You have a 2005.

Look @ 85-28 and see if this is what you're hearing...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (Short Circuit)

Quote, originally posted by Short Circuit »
85-26 is for 2001 thru 2004 S60's. You have a 2005.

You're right, I just noticed that, but based on the description of both, my car seems to experience more what's describen in 85-26 than 85-28, as -28 refers to the seat backrests. In my case, when I accelerate quickly the front seats rock aft a bit or fore if I deccelerate quickly.

On my way to the dealer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts

razor - any way you could post a link to the TNN85-28 :sounds like what i have and i want to show it to my dealer when i bring it in today (how's that for timing...lol)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (Thesaurrex)

Quote, originally posted by Thesaurrex »
razor - any way you could post a link to the TNN85-28 :sounds like what i have and i want to show it to my dealer when i bring it in today (how's that for timing...lol)

I don't know if it's too late, but I just saw your message now.

Here are the links for 85-26 and 85-28.

Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts

thanks razor - this helps

-thes

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (Thesaurrex)

Anytime. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

Razor1973: Those TNN's are great, thanks for the links. Is there a way to search the TNN's? Or do you just have to sort by issue date/post date?

LTA

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
Razor1973: Those TNN's are great, thanks for the links. Is there a way to search the TNN's? Or do you just have to sort by issue date/post date?

LTA

Those are direct links I've seen in these forums. You can also go back one level in the URL and see all the documents, but just their names, which don't mean much.

If you want to actually search, go to the Volvo Online Bookstore (both Service Bulletins and Tech Notes) and sign up for $13 for 3 days. Look for the PDF's you want and save them on your PC.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Razor1973 »

Those are direct links I've seen in these forums. You can also go back one level in the URL and see all the documents, but just their names, which don't mean much.

If you want to actually search, go to the Volvo Online Bookstore (both Service Bulletins and Tech Notes) and sign up for $13 for 3 days. Look for the PDF's you want and save them on your PC.

Thanks Razor1973, I was afraid you'd say that

LTA

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: 7.5K mi. service tomorrow - Any advise? || Rattling gloxe box - Is there a TNN? (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
Thanks Razor1973, I was afraid you'd say that

LTA

Sorry. Wish I had a membership there and could help you.

·
Registered
581 Posts
As far as the glove box goes, try taking your owners manual out of the pocket and put it in the lower storage area. When I moved it on my wagon the rattling went away, did it in the 60 same thing. I know this sounds strange but it works for me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re:

I just brought my S60 in for the 7.5k service today and had noticed rattling in the passenger seat when no one was in it. The driver seat also had some movement during acceleration every now and then. So they applied TNN 85.28 for both seats and first impressions are good, but we'll see how it goes. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let's see. I didn't get a call from them today, but they have quite a few issues to take care on top of the scheduled maintenance. Plus I have no rush.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts