SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.

This will be for my XC70. I've just successfully completed a XC90 lower front suspension swap and I'm looking to balance out the rear end a bit. The swap has spaced out the front wheels nicely, but I feel the rears look impacted compared to them. Looking for a set of 20mm spacers for the rear wheels. I've seen a bunch on eBay and from other sources that range in price, but I'm wonder what y'all are using or if there are any recommendations. While I'm not a fan of the 17mm heads, I know I'll need longer lugs as well. I'd plan on swapping over all the lugs to have 17mm all around so if there's a source for quality lugs let me know.

I know 67.1 is not the correct size, but what I'm planning on doing is adding a hub ring to the adapt the spacer to the hub. As it is right now, the front hubs are 67.1mm and the rear hubs are the stock 65.1mm. This will allow me to remove the hubrings from the rear wheel and mount/rotate them without issues.

Cheers
Anthony

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Got mine from HEICO...

https://www.heicosportiv.de/en/models/further-models/v70/chassis-technology/produktdetail/821

Awesome quality...

They told me this:

Dear Mr XC70

as the XC70 is mainly a front wheel driven car the track at the front is a little wider comparing to the rear.

If you add 20mm spacers at the front and 30mm at the rear you will reduce this gap which means your car will get more "nervous" while driving straight.

So, if you want to reduce this I would recommend you to install the same thickness at the front and rear.

Mit besten Grüßen / with kind regards

(Powered by 5 mad Vikings...)

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Exactly my thoughts. The swap has spaced out the front axle by about an inch.

XC70
Track Width, Front (in) 63.4
Track Width, Rear (in) 60.9

XC90
Track Width, Front (in) 64.3
Track Width, Rear (in) 63.9

Comparing the front and rear track width of both vehicles, the XC90 rear axle is 3" or 76mm wider. I'm only planning on adding 40mm to 50mm total to the rear axle, or 20-25mm per side.

Off topic: WTF happened to you on Instagram?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Thanks. Exactly my thoughts. The swap has spaced out the front axle by about an inch.

XC70
Track Width, Front (in) 63.4
Track Width, Rear (in) 60.9

XC90
Track Width, Front (in) 64.3
Track Width, Rear (in) 63.9

Comparing the front and rear track width of both vehicles, the XC90 rear axle is 3" or 76mm wider. I'm only planning on adding 40mm to 50mm total to the rear axle, or 20-25mm per side.

Off topic: WTF happened to you on Instagram?

I left Insta. From one day to the other. It consumed too much time. Only thing left now is Whatsapp, Swedespeed and “TravisPicking” on a daily basis. Besides work and family ofcourse and keeping my black XC shiny.

Hey man, choices in life. The rest is history. Thanks for asking.

(Powered by 5 mad Vikings...)

·
Registered
705 Posts
I bought 25mm Eibach. Top quality, comes with bolts.

·
Registered
705 Posts
From the box

1 - 7 of 7 Posts