SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 122s b18 and the previous owner installed a cannon manifold with a Weber carb. The manifold has a coolant pass through and the previous owner has the heater box disconnected and a tube from the rear of the block plugged. I am in need of a diagram that shows the proper way the coolant hoses should be routed. I would rather be safe than sorry.thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll try to take detailed pictures of how mine is set up tomorrow when it's light outside. One thing you need to check before you do anything though is if your heater control valve is working properly. The diaphragm tends to dry out and crack over time. You can find replacement ones for sale, but the exact model for the Amazon is super expensive. I got a NOS unit meant for a '57 Studebaker for $80 off of eBay and it works just fine. As long as they're cable operated (GM used vacuum operated ones), most Ranco valves should do the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will be very helpful. I am more concerned with the coolant flowing through the block properly. I havent fiddled with the heater box as of yet. Waiting for ahaynes manual but progress has been slow on that

·
Registered
550 Posts
For a heater valve look at one for a 73 or so Dodge pickup. Fits in line with a cable hookup.
Only reason I say 73 is I had a 73 Power Wagon I'm sure Chrysler used the same valve on many things over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts