SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
v70r cupholder

Hello all,

I have lurked this site for at least a year now, but finally acquired a 2004 v70r this winter and have been working on it, and it should be ready to go for spring. I hope to post some pics up soon.

I wanted to ask those in this forum just to make sure. Is the cup holder from the s and v of the same year interchangeable? Is the entire console interchangeable within the same year?

Also, anyone in the Richmond Virginia area have a tuned v70r (sway bars, exhaust, dp, tune, etc) that would be willing t meet for lunch and share some experiences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the risk of being made fun of by the majority it seems, I am going to say I am one that actually prefers the look of the older consoles...there I said it...HAHA

·
Registered
695 Posts
At the risk of being made fun of by the majority it seems, I am going to say I am one that actually prefers the look of the older consoles...there I said it...HAHA
I have an 07 and I am not a fan of the center console. Any pictures of the older style?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I should have been more specific. I do like the front cup holds, but I wanted to see the inside of the 04 center console. I wanted to see if it was different from my own. In my 07 the top half of the console is wasted on 2 extra cup holders but the bottom half is pretty nice with a good amount of room.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I should have been more specific. I do like the front cup holds, but I wanted to see the inside of the 04 center console. I wanted to see if it was different from my own. In my 07 the top half of the console is wasted on 2 extra cup holders but the bottom half is pretty nice with a good amount of room.
The old console had less room with no cup holders inside the unit. The new design is far more useful and spacious as the console sits almost 3/4" taller than the old one.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The old console had less room with no cup holders inside the unit. The new design is far more useful and spacious as the console sits almost 3/4" taller than the old one.
Any chance it would be possible to put the top half of the 04 center console ( NO CUP HOLDERS lol) on my 07 to have the PERFECT center console?!?!

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Any chance it would be possible to put the top half of the 04 center console ( NO CUP HOLDERS lol) on my 07 to have the PERFECT center console?!?!
No way, both consoles despite looking similar, are very different in size.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Aww, man! Northern VA here. Hope you find someone local!

·
Registered
179 Posts
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DAMN!!! I can't seem to win lol
So, I don't remember the exact design. However, perhaps it is possible to undo the hinge assembly, remove cupholder and replace its hinge section with spacers? Or is it not so easy?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
So, I don't remember the exact design. However, perhaps it is possible to undo the hinge assembly, remove cupholder and replace its hinge section with spacers? Or is it not so easy?
I don't see why not. You'll have to disassemble the armrest unit.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts